Tanya Vallianos is a licensed psychotherapist, registered art therapist and certified equine assisted therapist/equine guided coach in Fort Collins, Colorado.
"Thank you, Tanya, for everything. You're an angel."
Tanya's love and passion for animals, nature, spirituality and the arts throughout her lifetime, has taught her many lessons about change, growth, flow, transformation and connection. And it is through these wisdom experiences that have informed her psychotherapy practice.
Tanya has an unusually diverse and rich background blending the sciences, medicine, the arts, psychology, animal communication, contemplative arts, shamanism, and the sacred into a deeply transformational playground of inquiry and awakened self-realization in everyday soulful living. With these deeply embodied experiences at hand, she is able to gently guide clients on their own journey towards health and well-being.
Tanya’s intention is to inspire and engage clients to have a curiosity about themselves, others and the world, to listen to the authentic voice from within and live from their greatest potentials.
Her specialty is empowering women to be the best they can be in their lives. Tanya is considered an expert in working with big and small traumas as well as with life transitions, through EMDR therapy and other supportive mindfulness and body-centered methods.
Tanya earned her Master's degree in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology with a Concentration in Art Therapy from Naropa University in Boulder, CO.
Professional Experience and Focus
With over 18 years of experience, Tanya provides these following specialized treatments:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing (SE)
- Mindfulness Practices
- Modern Shamanic Journeying
- Nature-Inspired Practices
- Guided Meditations
- Expressive Arts Therapy (AT)
- Equine-Assisted Therapy (EAP)
Her transpersonal, body-centered method helps you move more rapidly and fully into greater insight and well-being.
Tanya’s expertise includes:
- Women-focused challenges
- Trauma resolution
- Spiritual growth and integration
- Managing anxiety
- Lifting depression
- High sensitivity (HSP)
- Healing relationships
- Navigating life transitions
- Unblocking creativity
- Career fulfillment and life purpose
- Healing chronic illness and pain
- Improving body image
- Enhancing self-esteem and nourishing self-love
Tanya feels honored to have counseled inpatients, outpatients and medical staff in groups and individually for 7 years as the founder and director of the Art Therapy Program at McKee Medical Center (2006-2013) in Loveland, Colorado. She specialized in Cancer Recovery.
Tanya’s previous counseling experience also includes supporting: victims of domestic abuse; the elderly within residential centers; substance abuse recovery; at-risk teens; and chronic illness patients in a community art studio.
Outside of work, Tanya enjoys time with her beautiful and gentle horse, Josie and her herd; her two sweet and curious cats, Bella and Bigsley; nature hikes and exploration; painting, digital creations; yoga; music; movies; travel; meditation; foodie adventures; organic gardening; and time with loving friends and family.
Professional Trainings and Specializations
- Certified EMDR Practitioner - Level 1 & 2, Julie Green, Boulder, Colorado
- Advanced EMDR Training - Attachment-Focus EMDR, Laurel Parnell, Westminster, Colorado
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner - Diane Poole Heller, Boulder, Colorado
- Mindfulness & Yoga: Effective Treatment for Trauma and Mood Disorders - Mary Nurrie-Stearns, Denver, CO
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions to Rewire the Brain - Jeff Tarrant, Boulder, CO
- CBT & Mindfulness - Richard Sears, Fort Collins, CO
- Art Therapy Approaches to Resilience & Stress Reduction - Cathy Malchiodi, Elizabeth Warson, Fort Collins, CO
- Brainspotting 1 - Margot Nacey, Loveland, CO
- The Epona Approach - Linda Kohanov, Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL), Vale, Arizona
- Certified Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy Practitioner (EAGALA) -Level 1 & 2, Phoenix, Arizona & Asheville, North Carolina
- Certified Equine Guided Education (EGE) - Ariana Strozzi, Evergreen, Colorado & Valley Ford, California
- Animal Communication I & II Anna Twinney, Castle Rock, Colorado
- Core Shamanism - Renna Shesso, Denver, Colorado
- Core Shamanism - Sandra Ingerman, Santa Fe, NM